- Institute of Alpine and Arctic Research (INSTAAR)
- University of Colorado
- Boulder, CO 80309-0450
- Tel.: (303) 492-2509
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. in Environmental Chemistry, University of Duisburg/Germany, 1989
- Diploma Degree in Analytical Chemistry, University of Bochum/Germany, 1986
Honors and Awards:
- Atmospheric Science Domain Editor-in-Chief of the non-profit, open
access Journal Elementa - Science of the Anthropocene.
- Invited seminar speaker at national and international
universities, conferences, and National Labs, 18 times total (2016).
- American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting Invited Speaker, 2009, 2010,
- Member of World Meteorological Organization Global Atmospheric Watch (GAW) Scientific Advisory Group on Reactive Gases, 2009-current.
- Chair and Member of European Science Foundation Review Panel, 2010.
- Guest Editor, “White on Green”, Biogeochemistry, 2008.
- Guest Editor, “GABRIEL: Guiana’s Atmosphere-Biosphere exchange and Radicals Intensive Experiment with a Learjet”. Atmos. Chem. Phys., 2008.
- Visiting Scientist, Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, Mainz, Germany, Aug. – Oct., 2006.
- Guest Editor, Atmospheric Environment, Special Issue “Air-Snow Gas Exchange in Greenland (ASEG)”, 2006.
- Invited seminar speaker: Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, 2006.
- Invited seminar speaker: Houghton Technological University, 2006.
- Invited participant in the WMO-GAW Experts Workshop on Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), Geneva, Switzerland, 2006.
- Invited book review: “Into the Teeth of the Wind”, Journal of Arctic, Antarctic and Alpine Research, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 540-541, 2003.
- Invited seminar speaker, Climate Monitoring and Diagnostics Laboratory (CMDL) seminar, Boulder, 2003.
- Invited seminar speaker, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, 2003.
- Received recognition award from the Journal of Chromatography for outstanding reviewer service, 2003.
- Received appreciation award from the Dean of the Graduate School for “Dedication and Commitment to the Success of Students of Color at the University of Colorado”, 2002.
- Invited review article: "Gas Chromatography Air Analysis", J. Chromatography 843, 129-146 (1999).
- Invited book review: "Perspectives in Environmental Chemistry", Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 79, 2801-2803 (1998).
- Invited session chair "Sampling and Analysis of Airborne Organic Compounds", 24th Annual Conference of the Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies, Rhode Island, Oct. 26-20 (1997).
- US EPA Young Investigator Award, 1996-2001.
- Visiting Scientist, Atmospheric Chemistry Division, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, 1992-1996.
- Invited colloquium speaker, The University of Chicago, Geophysical Sciences Colloquium, November 1994.
- Postdoctoral fellow at the Statewide Air Pollution Research Center, University of California, Riverside, 1989-92.
- Candidate of "Studienstiftung des Deutschen Vokes" (1983).