My research centers on:
- Climate change analysis and adaptation in high mountain environments.
- Alpine protection and restoration.
- Program design, management, and implementation.
- Applied, management-oriented field research (physical and social sciences).
- Monitoring and evaluation methods.
- Parks and protected areas.
See more about HiMAP's work with assessment of glacial lakes and climate adaptation in these videos:
- Lake 464 (2010)
- Global Glacial Lake Partnership (2011)
- High Mountain Glacial Watershed Program (2012)
- High Mountain Adaptation Partnership (2013)
See a photo exhibit about changing Himalayan glaciers on the American Alpine Club website at https://www.americanalpineclub.org/p/climbatology.