Ecological restoration in wetlands and post-flood riparian areas; monitoring long-term results of volunteer restoration projects; erosion control with native species in Ecuadorian cloud forest.
Restoration of riparian ecology; flood recovery.
Laura Backus is an ecologist and wetland scientist with experience in restoration, conservation, and transportation projects including:
- Planning and conducting restoration projects in riparian, wetland, plains, and mountain ecological communities, planting crew oversight, post-project monitoring.
- Stream and riparian condition surveys including documentation of conditions one and two years after the 2013 flood at properties along Boulder, Left Hand, and St. Vrain Creeks.
- Baseline ecological surveys.
- Wetland delineation, functional analysis, permitting, conceptual mitigation design.
- Rare plant surveys; and weed mapping.