- Research Associate, INSTAAR
- Faculty Director, Conservation Biology and Practice in Brazil's Atlantic Forest Global Seminar, Education Abroad Programs
- Lecturer, CU Mountain Research Station
- Graduate Faculty, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Global change biology and climate science.
- INSTAAR Affiliate
- Research Hydrologist, US Geological Survey
Josh Koch’s research focuses on hydrology and biogeochemistry in cold regions. He studies surface water/groundwater interactions, preferential flow and runoff mechanisms, and the impact of permafrost presence and thaw on hydrology, biogeochemistry, and aquatic ecosystems.