Get the lowdown on the A Card, a.k.a. Procurement Card, the CU VISA card that you can use to purchase items (up to $5,000) for University use.
INSTAAR Requisition Form - warning: If you are using a Mac, please fill out the form using Adobe Acrobat® or Adobe Acrobat Reader®—not Mac Preview. This will keep your accounting person from running into any Mac vs. Windows issues.
Cost Transfer Authorization - an INSTAAR form that lets you transfer funds from one speed type to another.
CU Marketplace: This will get you the best deals from companies that have state contracts with CU - office supplies from Staples; computers from Dell; and scientific equipment from Fisher, Agilent, Roche, USA Scientific, and other vendors. Get to it through the myCUInfo portal. Click the CU Resources tab, then look under "Business Applications" for CU Marketplace.
Equipment: Purchasing equipment with grant funds is subject to approval by the Office of Contracts and Grants as well as the sponsoring agency. Learn more to keep you on the right track while talking with your accounting tech.
Faculty Computer Purchase Program:
- CU-Boulder teaching faculty are eligible for a subsidy of $1200 every four years to upgrade their computers and incorporate technology into their teaching and learning. Learn how to buy a computer through the program.
- INSTAAR research faculty are eligible for a subsidy of $1200 every four years to purchase new computers as well. Learn more.
Furniture Procurement: There are three outlets for purchasing furniture at CU:
- Property Services: Used and new furniture is available through this CU unit. Use your speed type to buy desks, bookcases, task chairs, etc.
- CCi—Colorado Correctional Industries: CU's mandatory supplier for new office, conference room, and reception area furniture. Furniture may be ordered through Marketplace using a State contract that provides an 8% discount and scheduled delivery. Our contact there is David Daiker, 303 489-1485, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An outside vendor using a waiver: Furniture purchased from any source other than Property Services or CCi requires a waiver approved by the Procurement Service Center. Our contact at the PSC is Mary Martin, 303 764-3451, email@example.com.
Sole Source Procurement: Usually, a purchase of more than $5000 requires competition. But if only one good or service will do, from only one available source, you can use Sole Source Procurement (information and step-by-step guide).