How do I print a poster for a conference? What does it cost?
UPDATE: Printing services will be CLOSED Feb 5th through the 14th
The printing schedule is:
- Monday - CLOSED
- Tues/Wed/Thurs - 10:00am-11:00am / 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Friday 10:00am-11:00am ONLY
To be added to our queue, please follow these steps
- Check the INSTAAR Poster Google Calendar for availablity (this week is shown below).
- Fill out the INSTAAR Poster Request Google Form at least 24 hours in advance of the day you need printing. You also have the option to upload your file, but it is not required to submit the form.
- INSTAAR IT will respond to your request (after the form is submitted) and let you know if there are any date/time conflicts or that your time has been scheduled.
- If you would like to upload your poster file after you submitted the request form above, please use THIS LINK to upload the file when ready, ONLY UPLOAD FILES THAT ARE READY TO PRINT, if there is a chance the file will change, DO NOT upload the file, just bring it with you to the printing time scheduled.
INSTAAR has an HP DesignJet Z6600 that can handle pretty much any kind of poster you can throw at it. We print on cloth or glossy photo paper. Our big poster printing sessions occur twice a year: Arctic Workshop in early spring, and AGU in December. We recommend designing your poster in Affinity Designer, Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape, and then converting it into a PDF for the final printing. Many choose to use Microsoft PowerPoint to design their posters, but due to the different color palette (RGB vs CMYK), the end results can vary. We generally allow 30 minutes for each poster, which includes file setup, print, and trim times. Currently the cost to print is $7.00 per square foot when using a CU Speedtype, or $11 per square foot for personal payments. We accept active speedtype numbers, Credit Cards, or personal checks made out to the University of Colorado as payment.
The plotter is located in the SEEC Building (4001 Discovery Dr, 80303) room C232 which is inside the Albert Bartlett Center (room C215)
Can I get to a scanner?
The Konica-Minolta photocopiers are now located on 3 floors of SEEC, North 1st (Room N138B), South 1st (Room S139B) and South 2nd (Room S239B) and have scan-to-email functionality as well. Each INSTAAR member should have a login on these machines. Instructions for use of the scanning function are posted on the walls above the machines. Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
How do I use the INSTAAR photocopiers?
INSTAAR leases three general-use Konica Minolta mulit-function color devices. These machines serve as centralized printers, document scanners, and photocopiers. By default, graduate students do not have color copies enabled. All INSTAARs should have logins on these machines. For photocopying and scanning, use your CU employee ID number as your password. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are an affiliate and do not have an employee ID number or if you believe you should be in the system, but are unable to login. If you are using them as a printer, you will need to download and configure the appropriate driver. This process involves several steps and it may be easier for one of us to configure the driver for you.
UPDATE 11/15/2018: We have new Konica Minola copiers and you will need a new driver to get your computer to talk to the printer.
- SEEC South 1 is on the first floor in room S139B
- SEEC South 2 is on the second floor in room S239B
- SEEC North 1 is on the first floor in the north wing kitchen area, room N138B
Download the drivers and PDF setup guides here:
- Download drivers for Mac. Installation instructions.
- Download drivers for Windows. Installation instructions.