Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 12:00AM - Friday, April 12, 2019 at 12:00PM
Sustainability, Energy and Environment Community (SEEC) auditorium, room C120
4001 Discovery Drive, Boulder
The Hydrologic Sciences Graduate Program at CU Boulder is excited to announce our 14th Annual Hydrologic Sciences Symposium! This year's theme is: "The Power of Water". The Symposium will take place April 11th and 12th at the , on East Campus (see attached flyer).
Students, affiliated researchers, and faculty are encouraged to participate in the Hydro Symposium, including a 15 minute talk or a lunchtime poster session. Abstract submission opens February 21st and closes March 22nd. Here is the link to register and/or submit an abstract: https://goo.gl/forms/SjfIbpiLOcC9Bito2
We will have awards for best talk and poster, and a raffle at the end of each day. Also, this year we'll have a competition and prize for the best new logo design for the Hydrologic Sciences Graduate Program! Come join in the fun and learn about your colleagues hydro-related research.
Our Keynote Speakers are:
- Rosemary Carroll: Associate Professor of Hydrology, Desert Research Institute (DRI).
- Irena Creed: Executive Director and Professor, School of Environment and Sustainability, University of Saskatchewan.
- Matt Rodell: Chief of Hydrologic Sciences, NASA, Goddard Space Flight Center.
and Guest Speakers are:
- Lisa Dilling: Associate Professor of Environmental Studies and Director of Western Water Assessment, University of Colorado Boulder.
- Brian Ebel: Hydrologist, USGS.
- Doug Kenney: Senior Research Associate, Getches-Wilkinson Natural Resources Law Center and Director of the Western Water Policy Program, University of Colorado Boulder.
- John McCray: Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Colorado School of Mines.
- Dan McGrath: Assistant Professor of Geosciences, Colorado State University.
- Don Rosenberry: Research Hydrologist, USGS.
- Collette Wilfong: Environmental Education Intern, Geoscientist-in-Parks Program, Rocky Mountain National Park.